it’s 1964 I’m on a balcony smoking a really long cigarette and some lofty music is playing I drop my martini on the floor it breaks and 5 men scramble to get me a new one
What You Were
I was tagged by ladyoflothlorienn , but I honestly don’t even have the energy to tag other people, let alone come up with ten thoughtful and interesting questions.
1. What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
*Probably the fact that I work hard to get what I want and also that I’m teaching myself to stop taking shit from people.
2. Describe your life with one song
*This is a really difficult one to answer, but I think “The New” by Interpol comes close. The song is directed towards a significant other, but I feel that the lyrics are very relavant in the way that I feel and express myself in all my relationships whether they be relationships, friendships, etc.
3. How often do you eat pizza?
*I used to eat it like once or twice a week, but I gave it up for cuaresma so I haven’t eaten any in 40 days. I plan on binging tomorrow though.
4. What’s something you want to do in the future?
*I want to travel the world and figure out what I want to with my life and find a job that doesn’t make me hate getting up every morning.
5. Name 8 musical acts to create your own fantasy summer festival
*Cage The Elephant
-keep in mind that this is biased towards acts that I have already seen live, more than once, and/ or recently-
6. What are you doing right at this second (besides answering this)
*Listening to my mimi’s playlist and drinking sparkling Raspberry Blackberry water
7. What do you wish you were doing instead?
8. What’s your favorite author?
*As shameful as it is, I don’t read very much outside of what I have to read for homework. I’m a big fan of Sandra Cisneros, bell hooks, and the poetry of Charles Bukowski.
9. What’s your motto for life?
*I feel like it’s always something different, but at this point my motto is to go for it, no matter what it is or how impossible it may seem, having hope and ambition will make life worth living. Also, don’t put up with people’s bullshit and treat yourself with the utmost respect without giving a shit about what other people think or say.
10. Do you have plans for this weekend?
*The weekend is almost over, but I went to a Ska & Reggae festival thing at The Observatory on Friday after work and today I went to work and tomorrow I am going to work. So mostly it’s work, but I’m hoping to see my friends and eat some good food since most of my family isn’t going to be here.
1. When you cut yourself, clean and bandage it.
2. Do not start smoking cigarettes because the boy who broke your heart does.
3. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
4. Cutting calories doesn’t do anything but make you unhappy.
5. If the number on the scale rises, throw it out.
6. The first girl you ever “date” is going to call the police on you even though she lives three thousand miles away, because you’re going to tell her that you’re not in a good mental state shortly after you’ve “broken up”.
7. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
8. Break up with the boy who says, “You had a sexy phase!” when you tell him that you’ve dated a girl before.
9. Dating your friends is not always the best idea, but you can still be friends after you’ve broken up with her.
10. Your mother will try to become your best friend because you’re leaving for college soon. Let her.
11. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
12. Your closest friend will stop talking to you when you leave for college.
13. It’s okay to cry.
14. When you want to kill yourself, don’t.
15. When you cut yourself again, clean and bandage it. Do not be ashamed.
16. Your anxiety is going to try and control your entire life. Tell it to shut the hell up, because you’re trying to live and that task is hard enough as it is.
17. The past has a funny way of coming back in the form of you developing a crush on another friend.
18. Try not to hate yourself for breaking up with your boyfriend.
19. If you’re still smoking, apologize silently to your mother.
20. When you want to kill yourself, don’t."